Environment Challenge #4 WIP - (Un)natural Power Extraction!
(03-23-2024, 03:09 PM)darktiste Wrote: When i am doing concept i am always asking myself should i describe what my intent were it never seem to make sense to me to explain a design i think good art is ''leaving space to interpretation'' the only reason why i explain what i was trying to do i think is when i feel the design doesn't stand on it own yet it like nervous habit of mine i don't know for you.

Yeah this definitely came to mind. If you need to explain an image, it might not be very strong. But I think for such an early work in progress it is helpful to provide like a sentence describing the intention of each idea. That way if someone wants to offer suggestions as to how my ideas could read clearer, they don't have to guess at what I'm trying to do. For example with Lege's oxygen farm all I really needed was a couple words to understand the concept.

I think with the finished product it depends also, because if it's part of a larger work, then it might not make sense on it's own without the broader context, yet that doesn't make it automatically bad. So maybe you feel like you need to justify your designs a lot more with words because you're afraid the viewer will misunderstand it otherwise.

Are you interested in giving the challenge a go? Could be fun :)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Environment Challenge #4 WIP - (Un)natural Power Extraction! - by JosephCow - 03-24-2024, 10:37 AM