How I stopped worrying and learned to love AI - Kinda.....
@Jephyr: I agree with you and found solace when I came to the same conclusion you did.

I wanted to quote an article shared in the shoutbox. You should probably read the article, Darktiste:

https://www.muddycolors.com/2024/04/the-a-i-lie/

If only for this part:
Quote: And that is: I think A.I. is a poison to the creative process. I think it makes your work worse and makes you less interesting and less employable. And that’s what I think is worth talking about today.

Quote: While style-chameleon artists were common in the era of in-house illustration departments at advertising firms, the current landscape rewards artists whose work is memorable and contributes something unique.

Which I thought was a great argument.

In regards to:

“A.I. is a tool”

Quote: It has become standard to describe A.I. as a tool. I argue that this framing is incorrect. It does not aid in the completion of a task. It completes the task for you.

I think the conclusion is important:

Quote:If there is a button one can push that spits out images and it is available to everybody, why on earth would any creative professional push that button? Clients don’t need to hire you to push it. They can do that themselves. The central lie behind these programs is that they are meant for artists. They’re not. We don’t need them and using them only hurts us. What our clients really need from us is what the A.I. button cannot and never will be able to give: a human expression in all its flawed, beautiful glory.

Quote: It complement my process it doesn't take me away from it.

See the first quote.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How I stopped worrying and learned to love AI - Kinda..... - by Zizka - 04-29-2024, 04:06 AM