Crimson CHOW Challenge #51 - The Bone Weaver
Damien Levs:  Really great update and looking very good now that you are getting into it more. This is looking awesome man, and I'm glad you are enjoying and learning throughout the process. Will you be analog inking and then coloring the image digitally, or are you considering just scanning the sketch and going all digital? 

Remember that working digitally is very beneficial when it comes to producing commercial work because of its conservation of time and money compared to working analog, hence why most of the commercial industry works digitally. You still have guys like Alex Ross in the comic industry,  and Jesper Ejsing of the fantasy art realm doing their work traditionally, but those are rare cases in the light of the masses who are employed to work commercially. Analog work is always great for having an original tangible product though, like for doing commission work for collectors, murals, etc.

I took a moment to elaborate more on your sketch and evolve it into a pre-finished image; I left off on final rendering and adjusting any edge control. This image was painted out with a simple soft round to establish the values via multiply layer and then worked into more with a low spaced default chalk brush. There is no masking involved with the image here and I have included a screen shot of the layers palette to show some of the layer options I did use. I hope this can help give you some inspiration and new ideas. Keep up the great work man! 

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
Sun "Everything has been done, but not by you" Sun

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crimson CHOW Challenge #51 - The Bone Weaver - by Lege1 - 05-18-2024, 04:09 PM