Crimson CHOW Challenge #51 - The Bone Weaver
(05-18-2024, 06:56 PM)Damien Levs Wrote: Lege1 - Wow thanks, man! That actually gives me hope. To be honest I was just going to go with pencils and ink. All traditional. 

I'm really into David Finch at the moment. His pencils are king. I watch his streams while I'm drawing. 

I do mess around on digital sometimes, but I only have a Galaxy tablet with the sketchbook app. My computer died a while ago and I can't afford a new one. I really do miss my Intuos and Corel Painter.

I did take a photograph and try a sketch over in digital.
Damien Levs: You're welcome and hope is great! You must take the route you feel best for you. David is great, I love watching his stuff, especially on dynamic figure drawing and perspective; his pencils are indeed king. I highly recommend the digital route for more speedy and commercial work; traditional is great if you have the supplies, minimal supplies as you mentioned with the graphite and ink, and time, although some artists can work very time efficiently working traditionally.

Where do you live? I'm curious to know because I have an old desktop tower I'm currently getting rid of. It's an old Dell E520 from years back like the early 2000's, 4gb ram, and a smaller hard drive. I have an extra hard wired keyboard and mouse I can throw in as well, along with a usb wifi catcher so you can have wireless wifi. Just let me know and I can ship that out to you via you pay the shipping cost which I'd have to go to the post office and figure out. If your interested it's all you.

You can get cheap wacom tablets on ebay, to be most budget friendly I would highly recommend the wacom Intous 3 ptz-630 model 6x8" is ideal, all you need is tablet and pen. Extra pen nibs can be purchased for the low at the wacom site and you should be able to download the old driver from there as well for the tablet; you would just need to get an old monitor or tv to use as a monitor and the tablet. Just let me know if you're interested as I literally was just ready to bring the old desktop tower to Best Buy to discard of it, and I can work with you on the rest of the information.

Krita is a good and free painting software a well:
https://krita.org/en/

The new sketch looks cool but what you had cooking up on paper definitely is a lot better in my strong opinion, but you must go with what you feel is best and however you can bring the piece to final by deadline.

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
Sun "Everything has been done, but not by you" Sun

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crimson CHOW Challenge #51 - The Bone Weaver - by Lege1 - 05-19-2024, 12:20 AM