TrashPandas_Sketchbook_Journey to Greed Island
Hello @TrashPanda !

Congratulations on planning clearly and motivating yourself to draw consistanly. I feel like it's a solid start. I didn't structured a plan like this but I am in fact doing some similar work, drawing everyday for at least 3 hours, trying to varry topics and subjects, from "fun" drawing, to studies and drawing from imagination. I would recommand 2 things:

- Try to have fun. It may seem kind of generic but if it feels like a pain in the ass to, say, study something, that's the best way to burn yourself out rapidly. And I think that establishing a very strict planning like this one is the best way to tire yourself. That's similar to what darktiste said about procrastination. You may want to switch subjects for a day because x or y and that's okay but you might feel guilty about that and that and struggle catching up to what you've planned, etc and it may affect you a lot. But you know, if you can stick to the plan without deviating (seems very optimistic) that does not apply.

- It could be good to set "milestones". That's what I did in a way ; I didn't really decide of a timeline but I have several tangible goals that I want to achieve in a particular order. (for example : I want to finish a character design first, then I would like to draw a splash art of this character, then I will render an environment piece, etc.) It gives a lot more of meaning to all the studies you do, in a way and echoes with my first idea. It even could be integrated in the "fun drawing" day

Anyways that's my opinion and I hope whatever you chose to do it will work for you. Excited to see your works from there!

Messages In This Thread
RE: TrashPandas_Sketchbook_Journey to Greed Island - by Komodo - 05-27-2024, 06:12 PM