How I stopped worrying and learned to love AI - Kinda.....
The hamster one is honestly pretty funny. It's kinda cool to see how far something can be pushed as well. I don't quite understand why DALLE protests so much at pushing the image further, like is it programmed to do that? And why?

AI has changed quite a bit since we first started talking about it. Like you said, Jephyr, it's pretty much solved the hands problem and can easily create some quite amazing images. I tried it recently with a graphic design, put my design in to see if it could polish or improve it. What it spit out was not a usable product at all, like it wasn't what I needed. but stylistically it looked cool and pushed the design in interesting ways. It kind of lit a fire under me to make some tough changes to my work, because you know I can't let a computer show me up that easily! So in that sense, maybe it's useful in some capacity?

I do still think it tends to have an AI 'look' though, which I, and many people are kind of getting sick of already. It's creepy and uncanny. It just feels cheap even though the rendering is technically advanced, but that can be solved by giving it more style related prompts it seems. I don't really know, I do still hate it, but it hasn't made me want to just throw up my hands and give up as much as I thought it would. I kind of just keep truckin'. When I'm painting I don't really think too often, wow AI could probably just render this in like 2 seconds. I only think about that when doing busy work that isn't very artistic anyway.

I'm also kind of smug to see google's AI search engine thingy being widely criticized for being wrong. Obvoiusly a very different case from AI generated art, but it does go to show you shouldn't rely too much on these types of tools.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How I stopped worrying and learned to love AI - Kinda..... - by JosephCow - 05-31-2024, 03:25 AM