Crimson CHOW #52 - The Learned Observer
Threw around a few ideas of what I would like to do in sketch form before deciding a furry mammal would be my poison. I wanted to design something rather big and imposing yet also a little cute (think bear.) I ended up coming up with this guy taking inspiration from anteaters way of feeding by using their long tongues. 

Spent a while on the skeletal and ecorche drawings, I hadn't studied animal anatomy before and I had wanted to try science book like illustrations in a while; it was very fun and I am happy having the opportunity to do so now. Very pleased with the outcome.

Horns for goring trees or animals to make them release their nutritious juices. Long, oddly spoon-tipped tongue for licking up said juices. Strong climber. Known for dropping from the giant trees of their world and landing on the backs of much larger beasts to feed off them.

I wanted to do some kind of "keyframe" illustration for the final. Didn't quite hit the spot for what I imagined but maybe another time...

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crimson CHOW #52 - The Learned Observer - by FallingWater - 06-14-2024, 04:16 AM