Crimson CHOW Challenge #53 - Multi-Legged Centaur
CBinnsIllustration: I appreciate the great feedback and thank you so much on the paint over bro, it looks awesome and really got the creative juices flowing for me in the right direction, where I might have not been on the best idea path prior. I'm def going to go with the Bee concept cause it is a challenge, and whether I nail it or not, I still want to try. I like everything you presented for sure, and switching the character to a male aggressor character definitely fits the narrative; going in a more killer bee direction, although a wasp could be very cool as well.

I want to take a moment and tell you that you are really doing an amazing job on your piece; I'm really liking the bold coloring, texture mentions, micro details on things like the tentacles, staff, and body of the character. I notice the amount of detail you put into the hands which is great.

Some suggestive critique and observation:
1. The right hand seems much larger than the left, this could easily be altered with some lasso surgery.

2.The green on the characters skin I'm assuming is light that is supposed to be coming from the staff; I'm not sure how much more you will work on that effect, but as of right now I strongly feel that it is not reading correctly and looking a lot like algae on the skin instead of lighting. I know you know how to light things so I'm going to make the honest assumption that this is just an incomplete effect. 

Really great job over all and I love the expression on the fish that is located at the first point of the rule of thirds along with that ever so awesome mother and child character feature in the background. I hope you feel better and are back up on your feet soon bro.

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
Sun "Everything has been done, but not by you" Sun

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crimson CHOW Challenge #53 - Multi-Legged Centaur - by Lege1 - 07-02-2024, 03:36 AM