How I stopped worrying and learned to love AI - Kinda.....
Hi again,

Thanks to each you for offering your thoughts.

I agree it is changing fast Joseph.  I saw recently that the recent movie Civil War  had used AI images to promote the film and was busted when people found buildings and landmarks that were out of place.  So obviously parts of Hollywood have gone all in on AI — and in turn —there went jobs that would traditionally go to art directors, photographers and artists.  Harrumph!

True also about the 'hands' thing.  It's gotten so much better in such a short time it's amazing. 

Zizka-  Thanks for all the info.  I'll attach some links below where people are using AI to make AMAZING films. 

A comment under one was that they wanted to watch an whole movie based on it (the World War II re-imagined).

----------------------

So the original intent of this thread was to acknowledge the AI MONSTER that's being brought into the world — while still going to that 'personal well' that made us want to create art in the first place.

--------------------------

I had some down time recently and found a site with links to free AI tools and tried out several (with apologies to RP for 'training' them).  I didn't note which AI tool is which but Dalle was one for sure.

I've posted some of them below.

This is the first one I did imagining a children's book author contacting me for some illustrations.  You can see how simple the prompt was.

I went to another AI tool and this one produced a better result IMO.

So imagining that the author was telling a story about cats I did a few more that rendered in mere minutes that would have taken me weeks to perfect.

Later I started tinkering around with some more serious ideas and realizing the more I included about the style I was looking for the better the result.
This came back after a simple prompt (see the image title).  I know that CG and myself love to mine this style and AI rendered it in seconds.

And a couple more using a John Waterhouse prompt for a young maiden.

I did a bunch in less than an hour (maybe more like 30 minutes) and I was getting better about knowing how to ask AI to give me what I wanted.'

Even a typo still produced a pretty good image.

Ok, so you get the idea.

---------------------------

I watched a video the other night and although I hate commercials in them — I watched the entire ad about an AI tool that can create complete videos WITH narration (ie an old English gent) using simple prompts.

The sample end result was professional and amazing!

---------------------------

Here are the links to the amazing AI projects people are doing.  They're on 9GAG which can get pretty spicy and the comments can be vulgar and rude — so please be forewarned if you check then out:

WWII reimagined by Luma AI. Absolutely incredible - 9GAG
https://9gag.com/gag/ajPDLv1

Starcraft - 1950s movie - 9GAG
https://9gag.com/gag/a7odKnb

Famous paintings of Spanish art 'come to life' through AI -
https://9gag.com/gag/a2vdzpw

--------------------------------

As a final thought I'll add an anecdote.   Many years ago a family member was buying a first computer and was trying to decide between a 750M or 1G hard-drive.  

A guy who went on to work in IT for the huge companies said emphatically, "You will never need more than a 750M HD."

Occasionally through the years I've given him a hard time about that — but the point is that even an 'expert' in the field had no idea where things would end up with computing.

I think the same is true with AI.  It is only in it's infancy — but has already made astounding 'progress'.

------------------------

So what am I going to do about it?

JUST KEEP CREATING!!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: How I stopped worrying and learned to love AI - Kinda..... - by Jephyr - 08-08-2024, 02:05 PM