Crimson CHOW#55_Solara Summertime Fairy
Darktiste Haha, pretty much the response I expected to get back from you. Yes, I was a complete amateur working in Zbrush here and never really pursued it much further to be honest. It was fun while it lasted but I just wanted to get back to drawing and painting. The over smoothness of the Zbrush modeling def screams rookie. I think the hardest part of working in the program, especially back then was that the information and learning resources were scarce, I think there might have been a Gnomon workshop tutorial or something for it, but I spent majority of my time filtering through Youtube videos I could find, forum info, and whatever I could find in books at the library, or at the bookstore. I didn't have any of my creative friends via real world or online at the time that I could collaborate with and try and tackle Zbrush's learning curve which put me on a one man mission to really try and convince and motivate myself that it was fun and worth it.

I would use the symmetry tool to help keep everything aligned but when going in to paint it, that is where I would lose the symmetry, but I never have minded a little a symmetry in my work, I feel it can make the work more interesting, unless of course it's a beautiful woman's face that must be perfectly symmetrical to really ring bells of beauty and craft approval.

You're right, I still do very much so like to draw monsters and creatures. That is primarily why I participate in this forum to expose myself to human anatomy and character design more to work on things that I feel I need to keep evolving with; not to mention that it's industry standard across all boards and genres of the visual arts. I try to do my anatomy studies in between each one of these briefs and the fun never ends, lol. I sometimes sit and fill up pages with faces and figures and I know I could work on that area more. With that said, we all can! I think it's one thing to work from reference for poses and faces, it's another to do it from imagination and that has been my personal goal for the longest; I do know that it takes outside visual programming to even try to achieve a decent level of this and not just stay only drawing from imagination recycling all the old bad habits and incorrect ways of doing things over, and over. I try to do a lot of studies from reference and then apply it from imagination to test myself and see how much I have learned, if I feel something is off I know I can always try to go and seek reference, or get in a mirror, or take pictures of myself if it's that serious. Like I mentioned in my previous comments we are all forever students, but I do appreciate you pointing out what and where I could put more work in.

With that said, I hope you practice what you preach and just don't stay in the shadows forever as a critic. It would be nice to see you participate more here even if you don't get to the finals and just submit some good concept sketches, ideas, anything in the form of works in progress. You have very nice work in your sketchbook, why not apply some of that here with us and help add some energy and positive influence to the forum here more often in the form of actual artwork. Hope you are well otherwise my Crimson Dagger brother, and thanks again for the input its always humbling and motivating no matter how bitter and brash things might come off in writing.

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
Sun "Everything has been done, but not by you" Sun

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crimson CHOW#55_Solara Summertime Fairy - by Lege1 - 08-28-2024, 02:42 AM