Crimson CHOW- Futuristic Falconer
TrashPanda: Off to an awesome start! It could help if you numbered your silhouettes to make it easier to talk about them, but in this case #1 takes the cake for me. Looking forward to see which one you choose and your developments on your work.

LeoKi: I think you should put that idea to paper or computer screen, sounds like a great one with a lot of potential.

CBinnsIllustration: Really sorry to know you are going through it with being sick bro and I hope you feel much better soon. The upside is you have focused and put 100% into your work and shows! I could tell in your preliminaries that this was gonna go good for you. Just wow on the pre-final/ final that you have presented. Everything from the concept and character design along with the gnarly environment you dropped in looks great. Graffiti skills could use a little work, lol, but not bad at all man. I really love this illustration. Seeing this took me back to an old illustration by Brad Rigney a.k.a. CryptCrawler who used to frequent concept art, it was a piece called Hostile Takeover and he actually made a tutorial on it which was great and very unconventional working methods. Really great work though again man, and feel better soonest!
------------------------------------------------------
So I'm sketching away over here trying to get something posted soon....I went through a bunch of thumbnails but really didn't care much for what I came up with although some of them definitely had potential. I actually thought something up while driving to the gym and was like I want to try this, this is what I want to do, so I'm just pushing forward plugging away on the sketch which I will hopefully have done today. For not I will post the thumbnails I had cooking up which I took very loose and open approaches to. This topic really challenged me with having not any, but too many ideas that could have good final potential.

Here's my break down on my thumbs...

1.Like the background but don't care for the character or bird.

2.I felt like this had potential but the composition is too close to CbinnsIllustration, maybe flipping the image would make this more do able.I did this before seeing CbinnsIllustration.

3.This is the one I'm more or less going with, I wanted to try for something different and dynamic.

4.Really like this one, very sweet and subtle, almost has an 80's cartoon intro vibe to it.

5.Thought the pose was interesting but really don't like the overall composition, I like to put as much emphasis on the characters as possible and I feel this just has too much background going on which is an easy trap to get caught up in. 

I'm opened to comments and critiques per usual and am working up something I plan on moving forward with, but I'm still open to know which ones you may or may not like and why.

Attached Files Image(s)

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
Sun "Everything has been done, but not by you" Sun

Messages In This Thread
Crimson CHOW- Futuristic Falconer - by JosephCow - 09-09-2024, 09:20 AM
RE: Crimson CHOW- Futuristic Falconer - by Lege1 - 09-10-2024, 04:28 AM
RE: Crimson CHOW- Futuristic Falconer - by Leo Ki - 09-10-2024, 09:10 AM
RE: Crimson CHOW- Futuristic Falconer - by Lege1 - 09-13-2024, 04:33 AM
RE: Crimson CHOW- Futuristic Falconer - by Lege1 - 09-13-2024, 08:46 AM