DEATHLINE VERSION 2! JANUARY 2013 EDITION EX TURBO!
Thumbs Up 
YEAH!:@ I just got a shitload of freelance work and I couldn't be happier about it. The problem is, I just got a shitload of freelance work so I need to have two of me to get it all done on time! So here in comes the DEATHLINE:

goal 1) Get up to at least 12 drawing hours per day. I need to become a machine like Dave and Dan. This includes study study study study.

goal 2) Approach each project intelligently and thoughtfully; adhering to the principles of proper layout and balance while applying the proper amount of finish. I am gunning for Wizards and Applibot etc.

goal 3) As soon as a project is done for fucks sake post the thing wherever I can get away with it. Stream the work in progress if I can.

goal 4) Have no friends. They are a distraction. I am only really seeing them if they make plans with me well in advance and I have SERIOUSLY curbed my video and card game tendencies.

goal 5) I am already doing this but I am trying to avoid sugar, processed flours, dairy, and copious amounts of red meat. I need to have AS MUCH ENERGY as possible in order to complete my goals.

My projects are as follows:
Illustration and design work for Soda Pop Miniatures due end of January (this is my highest priority and its great exposure). 2 E-Book covers due March 1st. 5 shirts for Venus Fallen Clothing by end of Feb. Advertising illustration for local business- ongoing. Graphic novel for Archaia entertainment, in purgatory. Tshirt design for Meatbun, starting again in Feb.

Does that sounds like I am pretty busy!!? I think so. But not as much as I could be.
I have to focus, i have to lift weights. When I was in college one of my teachers, Klaus Jansen (inker on Batman Dark Knight, artist on Daredevil), told me that i had talent but I wasnt focused. He said that i was a sparkler when i should be a laser. I have always liked this terminology.
I need to be a laser.
lets be lasers.

Messages In This Thread
DEATHLINE VERSION 2! JANUARY 2013 EDITION EX TURBO! - by DanDussault - 01-11-2013, 07:06 AM