Can you critique it or do paintover?
Hey Defre, first of all, very nice piece. I really like the colours and the composition... It all looks just a little bit vague to me, for example the background, there's barely some structure or architecture visible, the rocks could use some more work too, try to push the texture more and maybe change the form a little bit, because right now the rock on the left looks a bit odd. I like how it frames the composition though, so maybe try to keep that effect but with a more realistic form (use refs if necessary).
It's also not quite clear what the guy in the middleground is doing, is he casting the spell in the background? Overall, try to work more on storytelling elements. What are those spikes next to the guy, for example? And the last tip, every pro would give you (I'm not a pro though) is: Do NOT use a grass brush, try to paint the grass by hand, it just looks way too artificial with a stamp-like grass brush.

Hope I was helpful :)

Messages In This Thread
Can you critique it or do paintover? - by Defre - 05-02-2013, 05:46 PM
RE: Can you critique it or do paintover? - by MichaelWitmann - 05-03-2013, 09:42 PM