Snowy Forest
Damn, thank you guys for the effort, really.

@Madzia I wanted it to be like a pic for a Magic card snow forest, like this - http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/2...6p607p.png
And eventually I added blueish shadows on the snow, cuz now they`re grey, which doesn`t correspond to the real shading of snow (which is blueish).

@monkeybread, I agree about what you say, tbh the first idea for the pic was to have a dwarf and two black creatures on the branches of the 2 big trees looking down at him, but eventually I deleted them. THE FOX IS A GREAT IDEA :D
I think that the light is too much but you`re right about that I need more light vs shadow. After I finished the piece I looked at it from a distance and my first thought was how flat the shadows were - you`re right about this, but I didn`t want to start over again and change things. The shadows should really look more like they`re hitting a 3D snow and not a flat white ground. I love the strokes you did for the branches of the tree infront of us - it really makes everything look more like a well though Picture. :)

THank you, both of you :)

Messages In This Thread
Snowy Forest - by Archon - 10-04-2013, 09:55 PM
RE: Snowy Forest - by Madzia - 10-04-2013, 10:24 PM
RE: Snowy Forest - by Amit Dutta - 10-05-2013, 11:55 AM
RE: Snowy Forest - by Archon - 10-05-2013, 11:35 PM