|| Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system
foxfire1345- Thanks! :) You're right about loosening up a bit, a go gestural, I have started an hour of 30 second gestures from posemaniacs today and I intent to keep it up, as of now they suck but I trust it'll pay off in time. Thanks for the feedback ;)

clockodile- Woah! So much great feedback! It's all so true man. The time limit is something I'm trying to enforce but for some reason I get stressed and start to get really sloppy and lose focus, I certainly am gonna try to work on that because I need to learn how to deal with time pressure if I wanna make it into the industry :P .

The big brushes , zooming out and stroke control are really a priority for me right now and I'm doing my best to apply them, although I'm having a real hard time applying that when in the "drawing mentality", pecially big strokes, my values come out week or shallow, I'll definately work on that soon. And gestures are becoming part of my daily routine cause it's really a week spot of mine and it helps me training with the time limit deal.

You're right on the spot about the female portraits, very sloppy rendering, sometimes I just lose focus and start going nuts and the result is that kind of failure haha I'm really concerned with thinking smart more when drawing and less recklessnes. Overall man, AWESOME advice, thank you so much! :D I'll try to apply everything in the coming days, to some extent I did a lot fo what you said in tonight's still lifes and will try to keep pushing it.

So, tonight I had a "bad drawing day" so to speak, I felt really out of focus and my lines where just too sloppy to bear it, and for that reason I decided to do color studies from pictures ( unafortunately I can't have a setup in my current place) I have color picked because I still don't know shit about color, and I feel color picking and analising the properties of the color zones and their values helps me to start getting a grasp on how it works. Anyway, I did these two, the apples took 1 hour and 45 minutes and the skull took like 2 hours ( way harder than I thought) also did an hour and a half of gesture spaming, but not gonna post it cause it's just not interesting at all to watch.

[Image: stilllife002.jpg]
[Image: stilllife001.jpg]

SB

Messages In This Thread
RE: || Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system - by Suira - 07-23-2014, 11:19 PM