|| Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system
rafa :Totally right about the saturation thing man, I'm still struggling a lot with finding the balance with saturation and color properties in general. I get lost in hue balancing and saturation and values and all that stuff. My brain is still overwhelmed hehe, I guess it'll improve with practice.

Lyraina: Thanks for dropping by! I wish I coul get a real skull or something "real" to reference heads from, but I live in the middle of nowhere ( just getting an internet cable demands a 2h trip on the bus to get somewhere where they would sell such high tech ) so I really don't have a choice for now :P And yeah the shoulder is disturbing, I used a samurai armor as a reference, but it's just the arm-wrap without the shoulder-plate, so it looks kind of weird, and it really needs to be fixed to make sense, maybe I'll rework it sometime soon. By the way I love your stuff :D

Been having trouble with power AGAIN ( I can't explain how happy it makes me feel to live in such rudimentary conditions T.T) so I lost the chance to do the color studies for one day. I've been working on foreshortening, curiously I think I kind of have discovered the secret to it more or less. I started with some reference and I didn't like the results cause I didn't feel I was learning, so I decided to do a bunch of drawings from imagination and try to figure out what to overlap and how, focusing mostly on the foreshortening effect rather than proportions.
And I feel I have a better idea on how to create dynamic or interesting poses rather than stiff shit.

This is the only page I had reference for:
[Image: ForeshorteningSheet008withref.jpg]

These are all the experimenting thing, took about 3-15 minutes each, depending on complexity, to know what I was going for I went with a consistent theme on each page more or less ( like a mage with a staff or some dude firing guns, etc.):
[Image: ForeshorteningSheet007.jpg]
[Image: ForeshorteningSheet006.jpg]
[Image: ForeshorteningSheet005.jpg]
[Image: ForeshorteningSheet001.jpg]
[Image: ForeshorteningSheet002.jpg]
[Image: ForeshorteningSheet003.jpg]
[Image: ForeshorteningSheet004.jpg]

Also tried to give a shot to a still life with a really fucking borind theme ( what I have in a part of my desk) and decided to make all photo real and shit. After just doing the setup and realising that the amount of detail it would require would take far too much time, I gave up and thus it looks like shit:
[Image: stilllife003fail.jpg]

A doodle I did with candlelight after my power went off:
[Image: Sketch002FUCKINGPOWER.jpg]
And another doodle I did when I felt I had a good grasp on foreshortening:
[Image: brainfart008.jpg]

Oh, and last one a painting from imagination of a druid I'm trying to setup,for this one a did the sketch of the dude and the basic background first, and for some reason this method gives birth to a really non flowy and very bad looking type of painting, any tips for how to work on this method would be appreciated. Also any tips on establishing colors without looking oversaturated as hell, like it is the case with this one:
[Image: Sketch001.jpg]

That's it for today, I'll be back with more soon :)

SB

Messages In This Thread
RE: || Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system - by Suira - 08-04-2014, 06:21 AM