|| Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system
Fuck yea man, are you going for a kinda celtic druid? I love that study, showing promise!
On the thumbnails I think you're going too broad, either too much white or too much black on your grays, try to start the thumbnails from midrange and only go full black if there's something on the foreground and full white if there's an important light source, I'm still newbie at thumbnailing so I might be talking out of my ass. If you wanna try how I am studying feel free, I'm taking Jesper Ejsing (http://www.jesperejsing.dk/) paintings and turning them into the thumbnails, and I think I'm starting to learn, he kicks so much ass.

About the cool/warm it all depends on the atmosphere of your scene, if you're going for a swampy cave for the druid, green just about suffice for it all, make it saturated for your warm and reaaaly dessaturated for the cools. And when you're doing grayscale studies have to remember if you are painting some like say red, you need to make it darker as a light value on red is ... pink, lol. There was a blog about the right value range for your hues but I can't remember right now, if I find it I'll let you know.

And the still life is looking awesome too!

Messages In This Thread
RE: || Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system - by rafa zanchetin - 08-05-2014, 10:28 PM