|| Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system
Rafa: Yeah man, efficiency is always better than anything else, still gotta work on it though :P Totally right, I can't translate my pencil skill to my digitals yet, I totally lack a method, and after this week ( I wanna wrap up the face studies on sunday) I'll be focusing on building a system to paint that I like, so it'll be tons of hit-and-miss but fun. I quite like that painting btw.

In terms of style I haven't really focused on it because I want to nail down my fundamentals first , specially color and value, that seem to be my two biggest issues at the moment, but I'd like my stuff to be sort of a mix of these guys:

-Kolesov
-Kuciara
-Scholes
-Parel
+
My own flavour into the mix (once I know what that is xD)

By the way, you made my day with the goats thing haha, awesome man.

Today I'm giving up, plain and simple, had a terribly hot day, tons of pointless shit to do in real life and I'm really tired both mentaly and physically. I have reworked on the fat dude painting for a bit reverting back to construction and giving up on color until my values are set. It still sucks balls, even more than before, but at least it's gonna be completable to some extent, although I'm not gonna show it yet.

So here we go with my first 4 thumbnails ( inspired by the awesome ones that rafa and pnate are uploading), started with Parel, cause his stuff is awesome and it is quite challenging. Took about 25 min. each, I'm slow really, but I'll get faster and better with practice I hope:
[Image: ThumbnailsafterGeraldParel.jpg]

To wrap it up and on a fun note, a sketch I did on the tablet when listening to how every government tends to be keen on taking freedoms away from us "for our own good", really distastefull way to illustrate it xD:
[Image: brainfart.jpg]

And by the way, I totally recomend Guild Wars 2 soundtrack for fantasy paintings, really nice stuff and not very distracting. Anyway, sorry for the lame update, but it's better than nothing I guess...cheers!

SB

Messages In This Thread
RE: || Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system - by Suira - 08-13-2014, 07:58 PM