|| Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system
Nikt: Thanks man, gotta keep pushing everyday hehe. Well, maybe I didn't say it quite clearly, but I have a clear idea of the CHOW as an assassin from a secret order, hidden and lethal, which members are all artists to the outside public, and deadly killers at night ( muahaha). THe post-apocalyptic stuff is just Fallout fanart I'm planing to work on. And yeah I agree, the daggers I designed are mostly shit, but , like you, I like the trashy ones, they have something to them. In the end it doesn't really matter cause the pose I'm painting just shows a tiny part of the handle, but it was fun anyway hehe. I tried reading the articles but google translator is basically shit, still, I appreciate it!

Tristan Berndt: Thanks mate :) Well, to be honest I try to just focus on one thing when I'm in the begining stages, otherwise I get lost in the mix and the result is basically shit. Those loose sketches were just the costume rough designs, so I didn't really wanted to waste time on making the dynamic cause the only purpose I have for them is getting and idea on the looks. The final has a more dynamic pose, but still you're right, it's good to always try to make things the better as possible, maybe in the future I'll implement the dynamism even in costume deisgns. And yeah man, my values are basically shit, specially on stuff from imagination, I plan to focus on that a lot for the next few months. Still, I really like muddy colors hehe.

Rafa: Yeah man, I joined in '08 and , like you I wasn't very active, I mostly stalked people and did bi-monthly updates and dumped a ton of shit haha. Back in those days those forums were just too awesome, every guy worth knowing was there, that's what really got me into this career, I got so inspired that I decided to quit my translation studies and just go for it haha. If you want to have fun watching my HUGE FAILURES back from that time here's the link: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthr...gle!/page4 . And yeah man, the CHOW piece is gonna be a pain in the ass, I decided to make it an exercise of patience and process, so I'll dump a ton of hours into it, just to see where it takes me.

ImSkeptical: Hey man! Thanks a lot for the advise, I'll try that tomorrow and see how it goes. I really need to improve on values, and it's been a really long time since I tried one of those studies. If it makes me as good as you with values I'll be happy for sure :)

Well, having some issues these last couple of nights, one of my dogs got operated and I have to take care of her during the night ( she happens to behave like she's on cocaine , even if she just got operated 2 days ago) and basically I don't get to work 10 minutes on a row without having to stop her from chewing on my cables, destroying my studio or getting on my bed to later poop on it ( it has happened twice in 3 days). So here we go:

Did a rough comp for the piece , probably not the best one in the world, but it took quite a lot of experimentation, it's a risky perspective since it requires tons of rendering to make it look interesting, but i didn't wanna complicate my life with super flashy perspectives and shit, so this will have to do:

[Image: CHOWRoughComp.jpg]

I started rendering a bit, correcting stuff and shit, I'm gonna change the characters pose on the boring arm to make it more interactive with the viewer, but I'll wait till it's more fleshed out. Anyway, tons of work to do still on this one, just 3 hours in or so ( rendered 3 times the character, and deleted it 2). Did some photobashing to get a feeling for the enviro, but the end result won't include any pics or anything like that, just good ol' painting:

[Image: ChowPainting1.jpg]

After realising that I see value ok, but I really don't know shit about it, I decided to do master copies, then , I decided I really hate doing that and it bores me to tears, so instead I experimented a bit ( enough patience test with the CHOW piece) and did like 5 of these, all of them turned out lame except this zombie. I never thought that just building on midtones and adding some sparks at the end would work , but it kinda does, still need a lot more mileage to get my values right, but it's a start I guess:
[Image: Roughdayattheoffice.jpg]

And that's about it folks, no gestures for today cause I basically forgot, sorry ( i'll do double tomorrow). Anyway, Thank you all for your cool feedback, it always makes my day and helps me a lot in this eterna grindfest haha. Take care, and I'm looking forward to see your entries too! :D

SB

Messages In This Thread
RE: || Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system - by Suira - 08-18-2014, 10:19 PM