JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Renato That means so much! Thanks man! By screencaps you mean shots from movies right? I have a folder of nice shots I've collected - I'll get to those studies eventually!

I haven't been 'studying studying' for a little, still drawing a lot everyday though. I'm posting some of my doodles and exercise / warm up pages because I feel I've made a sort of leap with my construction drawing, it's all kind of clicked into place, I feel like I can build anything out of spheres cylinders etc. It's a really fun time for me!

[Image: At6p7gx.jpg]

[Image: 72v23xl.jpg]

[Image: MHLj9wW.jpg]

[Image: OCezWM4.jpg]

I looked at some old images I made and discovered it's been 13 months since I started drawing, it felt like longer. Looking back at my progress I'm really happy with things. I've experimented with a lot of different mediums and feel like now is the time to decide what I want to focus most of my time on developing. I wanted to get good with marker and pen but the markers run out so quickly it's too expensive and inconvenient for me. Since I want to do comic books or comic book style illustrations I figured brush pen is a good thing to get good at, for colour I'm going to try watercolour, since it's cheaper than markers.

Here are some brush pen practices (I have a pocket set of watercolours and some water brushes on order but they didn't arrive yet):

[Image: XsxAcRO.jpg]

[Image: 9ZvIEUt.jpg]

[Image: IiBko8X.jpg]

Just practising the cross hatching style really. It's really good training for drawing since you need to be so precise and have such a light touch, I'm finding my pencil & regular pen work is coming out a lot cleaner because of it.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 08-25-2014, 02:25 AM