Good monitors you know about?
I don't think you need to worry about ghosting unless you are a hardcore gamer. It is only with motion where it comes into play and it shouldn't affect painting at all really. All lcds exhibit this to some degree I think so it's just a matter of how bad the effect is in one compared to another.

Oh also about the 1.07b colours: these are wide gamut screens, ie they can display way more colours than are even in sRGB or adobeRGB. What this actually means is that if you paint in those outside gamut colours, you may have issues with getting them to look right for print. Apparently it tends to oversaturate colours when going to sRGB. You should check if there is a sRGB mode that forces or simulates the use of sRGB colours only, I think it does exist in the Dell's. And I guess there is also an option to preview different profiles in PS?

But then if you are only going to be working in sRGB well it kinda defeats the need for those extra colours. It's not something I'm totally clear on to be honest and I guess you always have the option to switch back to wide gamut if you like it.

One other difference between the Asus and Dell is the backlight....the Asus exhibits some flickering due to the backlight tech used, but the Dell are completely flicker free. Some people can be sensitive to flicker.

I think either monitor are good low-end of professional screens and are probably fairly equivalent. They both will probably be real nice if you have a shitty average-consumer screen now.
Oh and the one I am thinking of getting is the U2713H, not U2713HM. Got confused.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
Good monitors you know about? - by Vompt - 11-30-2014, 07:00 AM
RE: Good monitors you know about? - by Amit Dutta - 11-30-2014, 10:15 AM
RE: Good monitors you know about? - by Vompt - 12-01-2014, 08:19 AM
RE: Good monitors you know about? - by Amit Dutta - 12-01-2014, 09:45 AM
RE: Good monitors you know about? - by Vompt - 12-01-2014, 01:26 PM
RE: Good monitors you know about? - by Amit Dutta - 12-01-2014, 03:59 PM
RE: Good monitors you know about? - by Vompt - 12-01-2014, 05:45 PM
RE: Good monitors you know about? - by Amit Dutta - 12-01-2014, 09:08 PM
RE: Good monitors you know about? - by Vompt - 12-02-2014, 11:16 AM
RE: Good monitors you know about? - by Amit Dutta - 12-02-2014, 04:01 PM