JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master!
Heliux Thanks for cheering for me dude! Great to have all your guys support from the group.

Heads turned out not too bad today so posting an update on them. Bottom one is my daughter from a photo about a year and a half old, I didn't capture the cuteness but when I showed it to her she recognised herself straight away.

Also been working on this overhand pencil technique, I've been trying it on and off for a while but been forcing myself to use it solely over the last few days. It's still a bit wobbly but when it works out the lines are so much nicer and the drawing is just overall more artistic looking.

[Image: e2oqDZN.jpg]

The current problem with my faces (apart from proportion issues, which I'm gradually improving over) is with setting a plan and managing to stick to it. Where I have some understanding of the skull, planes and face rhythms now, I can plan out a head and fit in silhouettes and placeholders for all the features, but when I come in to add in the details after things end up getting shifted ever so slightly and it ends up looking off. I think my construction lines are too faint, or too loose or there are too many searching attempts at finding the right spot that confuses me when I focus in. Will just keep practising, being mindful of this and hope it'll take care of itself when my ability to place lines exactly where I want them improves.

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453

Messages In This Thread
RE: JyonnyNovice - from Novice to Master! - by JyonnyNovice - 12-07-2014, 04:15 AM