Need suggestion on artwork for website
Hey man, so you improved the poses a little and brought the design a bit more in line, but I think you need to go even further. A static composition and standing figures can still have a lot of movement, dynamism and character in them. You just have to really work to build it in. I did a drawing based on yours to try and illustrate.

I removed all the tangents between your characters, their outlines were touching each other which didn't help to separate them or create depth. Pay attention to your lineweight when doing lineart, even if loose. You can use it to accentuate depth. I tried to accentuate the pyramid comp a bit more as well.

I tried to give each a different character and aesthetic and really accentuate their differences to separate them more. Notice the tank has hard angles, the angled shape language all throughout (your guy had hard angled armour but then a rounded helmet). I also made him much bigger a silhouette. The woman has curves and is organic (no time to do much design on her) and tried to give her an attitude. The 'barbarian shamen' is sort of inbetween in terms of shapes but I again tried to give him some facial expression to show character. I had to make up my own stories for the characters because you didn't mention what you were going for so they might not reflect your own characters, but it is important to tell the story of the characters through your art without explicity needing to say anything.

I used some basic gradients to get a feel for how lighting could accentuate the composition as well.

Hope it helps.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need suggestion on artwork on website - by Amit Dutta - 12-11-2014, 10:24 PM