Hello! And crit request
Hey man, the major issue is definitely perspective. It seemed like you wanted to do two different perspectives in the piece; an orthographic 2.5d view vs a regular perspective view.

For perspective views you definitely need to learn the basics of how vanishing points work. Generally speaking all parallel lines will converge to the same vp on the horizon/eye level.  Learn how to set up, and use perspective grids to create consistent scenes. I have some info on my YT channel (in my sig) on setting up persp grids, but definitely do as Piotr says and check out books and resources on this.

Couple of choices are Norling's 'Perspective Made Easy' and Loomis' 'Three Dimensional Drawing'.   Someone is bound to recommend Scott Robertson's "how to draw" and while it is very thorough it gets very technical very quickly that I think is probably overkill for beginners.

Below in the first image, I showed with the red lines where converging lines in various objects in your scene should have met on the same horizon line, but instead go towards radically different horizon lines.

In the second image I just continued on the perspective in the hill, and you can see how orthographic it actually is, rather than being houses on a sloped hill.

In the last image I just did another scene entirely (pretty flat perspective really) to show how you might want to look at mood. As Piotr said, generally for moody scenes, less saturation overall, lower contrast and you can then pop out focal points with high saturation high contrast.

Choosing an appropriate point of view also matters for putting emotion in your scene. Viewpoints looking up give a sense of awe or feeling smaller or insignificant against the thing you are looking at. Looking down tends to have the opposite effect. I highly recommend a book called Framed Ink, which goes into some of this as well as being a great general treatise on composition.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
Hello! And crit request - by AeornFlippout - 02-17-2016, 04:54 AM
RE: Hello! And crit request - by Piotr Jasielski - 02-17-2016, 08:27 AM
RE: Hello! And crit request - by Amit Dutta - 02-17-2016, 04:55 PM
RE: Hello! And crit request - by nutriman - 02-18-2016, 01:15 AM