foreshortening crit
I he is supposed to grab you, I would put the hand a little more to the left, and open it up, so that you can see the palm of his hand. I guess you could also make it a little bigger.

then the hand needs the highest contrast - I see you already started doing this, but you can push it even more. also, maybe put more red tones into the hand?

for a scene, how about a weird angle that implies you are looking up to the guy, maybe with some urban city in the background? Then you could tilt the skyscrapers so, that they point to the guys head.

another thing: I would make the armor at the bottom of the picture even darker, and les saturated. if the focal point is the hand, you are maybe still perceiving the head, but his belly is not really that important. maybe you could make a hard lighting from a spotlight from above - highly illuminating the hand and head, but leaving the rest in darkness.

:) can't do a paintover, I do not have a tablet atm, but hope this helped :) (and you understood my weird english... -_-)

Messages In This Thread
foreshortening crit - by zae1X - 07-16-2012, 03:48 PM
RE: foreshortening crit - by Saraiza - 07-16-2012, 05:50 PM
RE: foreshortening crit - by zae1X - 07-17-2012, 01:15 AM
RE: foreshortening crit - by Flo - 07-16-2012, 06:12 PM
RE: foreshortening crit - by Myriam - 07-17-2012, 04:56 AM
RE: foreshortening crit - by zae1X - 07-17-2012, 05:13 AM