Help With Photoshop Blending Modes
Hello,

I'm going absolutely crazy with blending modes. I've watched Dan and Dave's streams and tried to assess how they're using blending modes to add colour to an image that started off in black and whites (or grey-scale values, to be more accurate) but I'll be damned if I can get this to work.

I pick a colour and apply it on a layer in "color" blending mode - it looks nothing like it ought to.
I pick a colour and apply it with "multiply" - again, not even close.
I try "overlay" - another completely different result.

Now, I get that these modes alter the colour shown based on the value of what's underneath, but how on Earth do you know which colour to pick if the colour is different when you apply it? Does it all come down to trial and error? Is there a mode I'm not seeing here?

It's so freaking frustrating to me. I can draw what I feel are really nice images but I cannot for the life of me get them to colour well.

Maybe I suck and need more practice. That's fine. As I'm practicing, does anyone have any tips, know of tutorials online, or have other suggestions? Maybe building colours on grey-scale values isn't for me and I just need to paint on one layer... I don't know.

I ramble. I'm so frustrated.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Found this: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-5...ding+modes

Still frustrated but it's a start.

Messages In This Thread
Help With Photoshop Blending Modes - by Anti - 10-05-2012, 02:55 PM
RE: Help With Photoshop Blending Modes - by Anti - 10-06-2012, 01:41 AM
RE: Help With Photoshop Blending Modes - by Matthew - 10-11-2012, 05:20 AM
RE: Help With Photoshop Blending Modes - by Anti - 10-17-2012, 10:33 AM
RE: Help With Photoshop Blending Modes - by iCi - 10-17-2012, 07:52 PM