Lizardman's art journey to glory!
whats the goal of the challenge... to improve right? its not like youre getting money for doing this or anything serious is on the line. I used to think that like oh if i draw 1000 of this i'll get better.. and well to an extent thats true. but ultimately you learn a lot about process and training your eye which is everything when it comes to realism.

When you lift weights, its that point that it hurts when you make the progress, the muscle tears. its exactly how its done at ateliers, they dont sit around and have someone draw 100 heads that arent very good. the instructor walks around and you work on making one picture look good, sometimes for 20+ hours or even 200 hours.

at the end of it, the student has a good drawing instead of 100 shitty drawings. now online its different, we cant quite look over your shoulder and help you correct this and that, so if you just continually correct something, i suggest doing it again so you practice fixing the mistakes as you lay it in, since, theres no one to tell you to erase something right away. just do it again, you get feedback, that voice in your head gets louder about mistakes and the more you correct that voice gets wiser and louder and thats what you want.

Else every effort is like "Hey i did another drawing! arent I a great artist? Im like algenpfleger i draw tons of shit. Oh someone has a critique? got it, better luck next time, i'll just do a totally different drawing." Then you never correct the mistake and go through the pain of fixing it and internalizing the accuracy. the better voice to have is "shit i fucked up that picture, im going to fix it and fix it until i get a good drawing."

thats what you want right? a good drawing? just fast forward, get it nothings stopping you

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by Izzual - 07-15-2013, 07:14 AM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by John - 03-05-2017, 01:13 AM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by 879 - 11-18-2019, 07:23 AM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by Fedodika - 11-18-2019, 08:33 AM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by 879 - 11-19-2019, 04:31 PM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by John - 11-23-2019, 01:33 AM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by wld.89 - 12-11-2020, 05:31 AM