Dilemma
Hey guys,

This is quite a serious issue I've been thinking about recently. It's kind of a long story, but I'll cut it short so I wont bore you to death.

Where do I start, I'm currently a 2D vector artist in the games company, Playdemic, where we make Facebook games. So as you can imagine all in-game graphical assets are created using vectors. So think Adobe Illustrator or Xara. Anyway, I've been doing this for two years now.
I can say that vector art was quite interesting at the start, wanted to try it, got this job, tried it, and now I mastered it.

And before all this I used to be part of a great art community, updating my Conceptart.org's Sketchbook frequently, entering awesome competitions and contests on GameArtisans such as Dominance War. I loved it. but I've been out of action for 2 years, and in that time I havent sketched, painted or even drew anything outside of work. So now I have become quite rusty, in terms of skills / techniques, methods and workflows. I forgot how to start painting! haha.

Anyway, in the past couple of months I've started to get back into it seriously. But what does that mean for my career? My salary is great and have a stable income. But I feel like I'm wasting away in that office creating tiny little cute graphics that nobody gives a crap about.

So, I dont know what to do. Should I stay there? and continue working outside of work hours on my own stuff; no social life, no gf etc etc?

Im about to rip my hair out lol HELP!

Moh

Messages In This Thread
Dilemma - by Mohzart - 01-28-2013, 10:36 AM
RE: Dilemma - by Cj_marsh - 01-28-2013, 01:41 PM
RE: Dilemma - by trosh4d - 01-29-2013, 03:38 AM
RE: Dilemma - by Mohzart - 01-29-2013, 09:12 PM