Zombie Boss Concept- any finishing tips/ideas?

Hey all, thanks so much for all the feedback, its been really really helpful :D
Jaby: Thanks a tonne for the sketch, I already prefer that really but I have done what I can to edit my on in that style (though I couldnt really find a way around the pose without a full rework that my director will not be happy about). Have reduced the symmetry, as well as making him less clean and cheesy.
Vandall: I realised that the leg was resembling a ballerina's pose so thanks for that! you are completely right about the look of weight, I tried to use lines of action when sketching it out, but i think i may have taken it a bit too far and forgotten about the weight of the weapon. I've changed the position of the lower leg to make it a bit more supportive, so hopefully that has helped a bit.
Chantal: Yes there is a reason for that, I've shown it as a quick sketch in this pic, I like to include as much info as i can about my concept (i'm doing this for a game so the 3d modellers need to know whats going on behind him and the animators will want an idea of the kind of actions I see him doing) so thats what I put by the side. He will have a tattoo on his back as well as a load of nails etc, so i will do a back-only view too, as well as having the info such as 'slow attack style' 'secondary weapon- hacksaw/blowtorch', that kind of thing. The space will be filled :D

Thanks very much all, I hope you can see that I've taken your advice into account with what I've done. If i had longer to do this in, or could start again then I would change a lot more I think, but I've done what i can to rectify the errors. Ive also added some gashes and his ribs showing on the left to make him a bit more zombyish, and may also add a small bite mark out of his shoulder or arm to show how he was infected. Also considering having a white eye being shown through a crack in his visor. Ideas! Haha, thanks all, very helpful I appreciate it :)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zombie Boss Concept- any finishing tips/ideas? - by JabyReART - 03-12-2013, 01:06 AM
RE: Zombie Boss Concept- any finishing tips/ideas? - by Wardy - 03-12-2013, 05:00 AM
RE: Zombie Boss Concept- any finishing tips/ideas? - by JabyReART - 03-12-2013, 06:10 PM
RE: Zombie Boss Concept- any finishing tips/ideas? - by manlybrian - 03-13-2013, 04:35 PM