Zombie Boss Concept- any finishing tips/ideas?
I just have a few things for future reference. It sounds like you did some thumbnails before this piece? If so, that's good, but you would have benefited from posting those here for critique before the final. That would have eliminated a lot of these problems (gesture, anatomy, composition, etc) before getting to this rendered stage where it's too late to make major changes. Get the kinks worked out in the sketching stage, THEN render.

Secondly, remember that concept art is supposed to be very visually telling about the character. You're suppose to be able to, at a glance, understand something about who the character is, what he is, have an idea of his background, etc. just by looking at him. For example, if you have to tell people it's a zombie holding a parking sign for them to get it, then you're doing it wrong. Show the sign! Show the zombiness! Show; don't tell! That's all I have for now. Smirk

On the plus sign, I like the idea. Bad guys hitting people with street signs is cool.

EDIT: Afterthought--Maybe you already thought of this, but on the pose, it never hurts to act it out yourself. Stick something heavy on the end of a pole and hold it on your shoulders. See how your body reacts to the off-centered weight. Then draw that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zombie Boss Concept- any finishing tips/ideas? - by JabyReART - 03-12-2013, 01:06 AM
RE: Zombie Boss Concept- any finishing tips/ideas? - by JabyReART - 03-12-2013, 06:10 PM
RE: Zombie Boss Concept- any finishing tips/ideas? - by manlybrian - 03-13-2013, 04:35 PM