Creativity and good ideas, can I learn how to?
Hey Daggers!
I'm working and listening to Dan and Dave's great talk from yesterday ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKSRKGbG3NM ) about various things, and they talk about how good ideas are much more important than technical skill. I agree with this of course, and I recall Feng Zhu's great design cinema about visual library and how our activities as we grow up can greatly influence our ability to be creative and come up with cool ideas.
I know I have a problem not being able to come up with cool designs, in fact, I don't really care too much about it, I love the science of creating images, I love rendering and get a kick out of when I paint stuff and it looks correct, but I have come to prefer doing it from someone else's idea or comission.

I'd like to know your thoughts about wether or not it's possible to teach oneself to be a more creative person, to come up with new ideas? Left to my own devices I'll draw the most boring and weird stuff haha, or more likely just naked women all day.

Messages In This Thread
Creativity and good ideas, can I learn how to? - by Simonarpalmer - 04-03-2013, 12:39 AM
RE: Creativity and good ideas, can I learn how to? - by SpectreX - 04-03-2013, 09:23 PM
RE: Creativity and good ideas, can I learn how to? - by SpectreX - 04-03-2013, 10:04 PM
RE: Creativity and good ideas, can I learn how to? - by SpectreX - 04-03-2013, 11:04 PM