Le sketchbook
nice work on the designs! nox is pretty cool especially.

the blue personal piece is nice, and it's great to see the evolution it took on. the clouds in this are really beautiful and the structures are really nice too. the whole thing has a very pleasant and joyful or peaceful vibe, nice blues, etc, good job : )

i've got a few minor comments for it: (edit: this turned out quite long but its still just a few minor points)

lifting the figure's right heel so its "peeling" off the ground might make it look a little more like she's walking, and not just balancing - I'm not sure if that's your intention.
also, her body relative to the camera is being seen from a straight-on-angle, even though the camera is at quite a strong inclination on all its axis', which makes it seem a little stiff. her left hand, we see from a perfect side-view and her right hand we see from a perfect frontal view, it would be more convincing perhaps if we saw them from an ever so slightly different angle. the same goes for her back, it looks like we are standing right behind her, but we're actually slightly to the side and downwards.
i guess this same critique could go to the floating structures, they are all facing the viewer, but from our angle, we should be seeing them from different angles (the circular center-point would have to be off center). i put some perspective on the scarf too, which was also seen a "too perfect" an angle from the camera.

here's a paintover:

i adjusted the things i mentioned. i adjusted the structures and scarf by selecting and duplicating the area i wanted to change, and then just shifting it with either the warp and distort tools, its quick but it gets the point across. this is also useful for drawing complex geometry in perspective, you can draw a flat version of what you want and then shift it into place and then paint over it so it looks right

-aks

"If you want liberation in this life, there is no area that you do not watch. Watch the breathing, watch the posture, watch the flow of energy, watch the texture of the mind, watch the response to objects." - Namgyal Rinpoche

Messages In This Thread
Le sketchbook - by Petyo - 04-05-2013, 08:15 AM
RE: Le sketchbook - by CoreyH - 04-05-2013, 11:13 AM
RE: Le sketchbook - by DomSinkevic - 04-05-2013, 09:02 PM
RE: Le sketchbook - by Petyo - 04-06-2013, 04:48 AM
RE: Le sketchbook - by aks9 - 06-01-2013, 09:46 PM
RE: Le sketchbook - by natori - 06-02-2013, 07:25 AM
RE: Le sketchbook - by Petyo - 06-02-2013, 09:54 PM
RE: Le sketchbook - by aks9 - 06-09-2013, 06:54 PM