Art Schools
(04-13-2013, 04:40 PM)Kitsune Wrote: I'm graduating from the Academy of Art and will say that the programs have a fair amount of flexibility. I really think you should go with Game Design as you will have access to better Vis Dev as well as texturing classes that way; there is a new Visual Development major as well that I think you should have a look at. The best thing about the Academy is the strong grounding in traditional art if you opt to take extra anatomy classes besides what's in your reqs as electives (I would do this if I were you). I am not sure about the digital illustration classes (Illustrative Media) offered by the School of Illustration, they kind of sucked when I took them compared to GAM Vis Dev classes which were taught by concept artists.

I'm actually an Animation/VFX major, but got authorization to take GAM classes to contribute to my major requirements as I explained I did not want to be a pipeline modeler but still have a solid foundation in 3d. If you have any other questions feel free to send me a PM, and I think you'll love SF :)

Kitsune, thanks for the information. Sounds good -I'll PM you.

I'd appreciate names of schools that anyone might know, that you've either gone to, or are currently going to. Bad school or good school, it's good to know any information! Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Art Schools - by Zachary McLean - 04-10-2013, 02:59 PM
RE: Art Schools - by JonHop - 04-10-2013, 08:17 PM
RE: Art Schools - by atrenr - 04-11-2013, 06:22 AM
RE: Art Schools - by Zachary McLean - 04-13-2013, 10:17 AM
RE: Art Schools - by Kitsune - 04-13-2013, 04:40 PM
RE: Art Schools - by Zachary McLean - 04-14-2013, 02:52 AM