Hello Daggers
Hi everyone. My name's Chris, I'm 26 and I live in the Falkland Islands.

I used to draw a lot til I was 17, but kinda stopped for further education. About 4 years ago education started turning into an awful grind, and stumbling across Dave Rapoza's work on dA planted a seed in my head. I thought 'here's a guy about my age, creating awesome art from home for a living' and decided I needed that to be my life too. When he started the Crimson Daggers livestreams he talked a lot about how to improve, the kind of mindset you need etc and I tried to take it all on board.

For the last 4 years I've been teaching myself (JUST managed to scrape by in Uni) but I've never been good at showing my work online. I think my art had always disappointed me so much that I never wanted to show it or attach it to my name. Recently I discovered I'm no longer ashamed of my paintings, and I'm pretty proud of how far I've come.

So, I think the next step is showing my work. I'm at a point where I need input from other artists and really want to be part of the online community. I feel like I know the Crimson Daggers pretty well because I've been a lurker since its inception, so this was the first place I thought of. I'll start a sketchbook soon and throw up my latest stuff, but in the mean time my site and blog are in my sig.

Looking forward to having some conversations!

Messages In This Thread
Hello Daggers - by ChristopherCant - 05-15-2013, 06:32 AM