General Detailing Enviro Help..?
Hey Jordan you have a nice base and some good skills, and your values are spot on. I did a quick paintover just to give you some ideas to think about.

I agree with Mindwrack. Narrative is about character and anything you can do with that can help be it with scale and/or movement and additional "life" details.

I adjusted your comp a bit to make sure the first and second focal points followed rule of thirds. (mostly cuz I'm lazy and I know that works) Added some separation between elements with atmo. fog to accentuate depth. Mostly just masked off and airbrushed in.

Created stronger foreground elements and a couple of characters to up the narrative. Added some details like flame around the place to add some life. The clouds are ambigous atm, they could be smoke from fire or just firey clouds. I suggested that a lot of flame around the place may be a contributing factor.
Oh also tweaked the perspective to be a bit more dramatic and made it more a 3 point perspective with the perspective warp tool (quick and dirty cheat)
hope that helps.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
General Detailing Enviro Help..? - by Jordan Grimmer - 06-05-2013, 12:17 PM
RE: General Detailing Enviro Help..? - by Jordan Grimmer - 06-06-2013, 05:12 AM
RE: General Detailing Enviro Help..? - by Amit Dutta - 06-06-2013, 07:34 PM