A major flaw of mine. (Character Critique?)
I must admit I'm a little bewildered by your goal. You want "consistency" but I'm not sure in what way you mean that. Consistency in design, rendering, style? You also want to be consistent have your character change along with your skill level? I am going to assume this character is destined for a comic of some sort, which is why you want consistency?

Anyway the advice I would give you is twofold, one you've already heard:
Anatomy study and application. This is the main thing that will help you.
The second is design. Are you happy with it? The design is plain and to be honest there isn't a lot of design involved because he is half naked. Why not iterate the character design with each piece to try out different things like accessories, culture, hairstyles, colouring etc, rather than just draw him the same way each time. This way you will get more practice for your time out of each piece. There is not much point learning how to do one thing over and over when it isn't the best it could be to start with.

For your last piece (not the wip) the anatomy is very off. Musculature isn't in the right place and it is overly defined. The values of the piece are too blown out on the high end. You need to work on your volume and think about how to show 3D form as it wraps around. You should also practice drawing the body in perspective and with foreshortening (again fundamentals). Loomis, Bridgman, Hogarth, Bammes Villippu etc etc all these guys are anatomy resources. Villippu is the best hands down, but the videos are expensive.

Hope that helps.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
A major flaw of mine. (Character Critique?) - by MiranTheWolf - 09-25-2013, 08:06 AM
RE: A major flaw of mine. (Character Critique?) - by MiranTheWolf - 09-26-2013, 01:30 PM
RE: A major flaw of mine. (Character Critique?) - by MiranTheWolf - 09-28-2013, 11:26 AM
RE: A major flaw of mine. (Character Critique?) - by Amit Dutta - 09-28-2013, 06:00 PM