Smartest way to get into the gaming industry?
(10-21-2013, 11:31 AM)opkluu Wrote:
(10-21-2013, 11:26 AM)EduardoGaray Wrote: yeah, i guess in the end its just about how do you want to learn and how do you want to live your life. If you think that the school life will suit you better, then go for it!
I went to artschool myself, and i had to leave because everyone there were more focused on smoking pot and partying than in doing art, the instructors themselves were also more interested in partying than in doing anything else too, so maybe i´m a bit biased because of that.

Really? I do know that a couple of schools do this as well, which is why I'm not bother to apply. Actually, I only really want to go to one school. I went there over the summer for a pre-college program and experienced it for myself. They had a very strict policy on drugs, and almost every class I talked with my professors. They really cared and loved their work.

I just can't fathom not taking that opportunity. But then again, I've never been in debt before, so it's not like I could fathom the penalties from that choice.

As someone who went to university just to go to university, I'd advise to get into a program pretty close to what you want to do. Don't settle for some ballpark related to what you want to learn. You can learn faster by yourself if you really concentrate. However a relevant art education is very, very valuable. Just be sure it is relevant.

Messages In This Thread
Smartest way to get into the gaming industry? - by opkluu - 10-20-2013, 10:29 AM
RE: Smartest way to get into the gaming industry? - by opkluu - 10-21-2013, 09:19 AM
RE: Smartest way to get into the gaming industry? - by opkluu - 10-21-2013, 11:31 AM
RE: Smartest way to get into the gaming industry? - by alex_bo - 11-06-2013, 02:09 PM