BadGeometry's BadSketchbook
Kaffer: Thanks! I hear you on the color saturation. I work at a slot machine manufacturing company and all of our art is at max or near max saturation, so it's a bit of a hard habit to kick. That said, I'll be sticking with the more vibrant hues on the cop portrait since I'm trying to achieve a certain look with it. That's the goal anyway. Thanks again for your feedback!

Beardly: I've wanted to get my hands on his book for a while! I'm probably going to buy it for my birthday next month. Also, thanks for recommending Safadi's channel (just subscribed). I'm always on the look out for good youtube art channels. Will be watching his stuff tomorrow night when I get back from the office!

Sorry for the missed updates yesterday, and lack updates on the portrait or Howitzer tonight. Here's an hours worth of figure drawing!

30 minute class on Pixelovely

30 1 minute poses. Pixelovely again.

At somepoint, I'm going to need to get my butt to a real life drawing studio because I'm already starting to get repeats at pixelovely. It's weird though. When I'm doing these (especially the 30s/1m poses), I think they look like crap. But when I look at them again later, they don't seem so bad.

One snag I feel I'm hitting as that, while I feel I can capture the gesture just fine with lines of action, my drawings seem to stiffen up once I start blocking in the body parts. I've tried a couple of different approaches with varying degrees of success. Maybe it's something that'll improve with just raw practice?

Check out my blog!
badgeometryart.blogspot.com

Messages In This Thread
BadGeometry's BadSketchbook - by BadGeometry - 01-08-2014, 04:10 PM
RE: BadGeometry's BadSketchbook - by BadGeometry - 01-09-2014, 04:26 PM
RE: BadGeometry's BadSketchbook - by Adam Lina - 01-09-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: BadGeometry's BadSketchbook - by BadGeometry - 01-10-2014, 02:23 PM
RE: BadGeometry's BadSketchbook - by BadGeometry - 01-13-2014, 05:48 PM
RE: BadGeometry's BadSketchbook - by Adzerak - 01-13-2014, 10:16 PM
RE: BadGeometry's BadSketchbook - by BadGeometry - 01-14-2014, 04:02 PM
RE: BadGeometry's BadSketchbook - by Kaffer - 01-14-2014, 09:21 PM
RE: BadGeometry's BadSketchbook - by BadGeometry - 01-16-2014, 03:29 PM