Sketchbook & Progess Log - The journey is the reward!
Finally ~

@Doolio:
Thank you SO MUCH for taking your time and writing me all this advice! Of course I know about the squinting thing and how our brain tries to sabotage us all the time, but somehow I tend to forget about this stuff. It's good to get a reminder now and then, really. For example, concerning the lips, I'm really embarrassed, but it never occurred to me just once that I couldn't get the colour right because of my idea of how they should look like. Man. Countless convos with cool artbuddies and you still forget some of the most important stuff along the way. Gotta try the upside down thing again some time, I've done it before, it was a good exercise.

@ramalooke:
Thank you so much for your kind words! Glad you like my stuff so far. Reading about values is already on my to-do-list, I'll have a look into edges as well!

Speaking of that, if anybody has good online stuff concerning values and edges to read about or can recommend good literature on the topic, please go ahead, I'm all ears!

I'm still stuck in the busy-bubble somehow, so not much sketching done. Went to life drawing yesterday though and tried to be more loose as I was inspired by so many cool artists rocking life drawing. A friend also said my stuff always looks good but pretty dead, so there I went! My dilemma though: the more loose I get, the worse the drawings concerning anatomy accuracy.
Did another screenshot study only to notice I have no idea how to paint water, scribbled some people in the tram with my trusty biro and today I did some watercolour doodles without a sketch first, simply to relax a bit.

[Image: life_drawing_04_by_cyprinusfox-d73egph.jpg]

[Image: inceptions_study_by_cyprinusfox-d73egpp.jpg]

[Image: travelbook_07_by_cyprinusfox-d73emax.jpg]

[Image: travelbook_08_by_cyprinusfox-d73emar.jpg]

[Image: cs_07_by_cyprinusfox-d73egpv.jpg]

SKY IS THE LIMIT

DeviantartSketchbook

Messages In This Thread
RE: The journey is the reward! Sketchbook & Progess Log - by Cyprinus - 01-24-2014, 06:23 AM