Sketchbook & Progess Log - The journey is the reward!
WOW GUYS I'M ALIVE. I didn't even notice how fast time passed and how long I didn't update my sketchbook here. *blows off the dust from the cover* I didn't mean to take so long, but life happened ): Convention life to be exactly, as well as a ton of workshops that had to be prepared. Add an unexpected job at a fair for a few days and life gets even more busy. The situation has returned to a more normal pace now so I hope I'm somewhat back to more regular updates. First replies though!

@Archreux
Thank you so much! I'm glad you like my stuff so far. I hope I can soon finish a digital piece. It takes me courage to finish one somehow XD;

@EduardoGaray
Thank you! And thanks for the bonus points, hehe <3 Inoue-Sensei is my biggest idol. I don't have words for how much I love his work! I do know Benjamin! His work is awesome and I like it a lot, but somehow it doesn't click when I think of my own future works. I just need to experiment more XD

@Jaik
Thanks! I hope I can finish more bigger pieces in the future. In this post at least I'll show something traditional (:

@Lyraina
Thank you so much! I'm really glad you like my lines. I love beautiful lines a lot and I always pay a lot of attention to them.

@Samszym
I'm always glad to know that I'm not alone! I thought of that copying/studying artists I like for a while, too. But sometimes I fear that my own work will get to similar to the artist I'm studying. I don't think it's possible that you become an exact copy but still it's something that troubles me.
I can't wait though to dive into your sketchbook and your new stuff!! <3

@Nowio
Haha, you weren't there this week either! What have you been up to?
Well I guess if you are able to paint realistically very well, you'll always be able to pull of a solid more stylized way of drawing. I know your feels, though. I get doubts from time to time, too.

@BenFlores
Thank you so much! I will! I hope I'm now back on track again!

@Einver
Thank you so much! It means a lot to hear that! Before I always thought that someday you'll hit your limit but since I've been here I have the feeling that there's truly unlimited potential, somehow. Gotta work harder!

I'm also sorry to disappoint you with this lame update here, even after such a long time. I didn't have much time to squeeze something in in the last weeks. It makes me feel disappointed, sad and enraged at the same time. Like I'm wasting time. But I need to earn Money, need to eat, drink and sleep. It's terrible. I also was really frustrated because I felt that I didn't make one step forward, above all my life drawing stuff didn't seem to make progress. Also. It's almost April already. I didn't even draw one single good background. I need to rethink my schedule. But I figure that if I keep beating myself up about it it won't change anything either. Better to make sure to be more diligent in the future.

[Image: lifedrawing_janmarch2014_by_cyprinusfox-d7c7ami.jpg]

[Image: blah_01_by_cyprinusfox-d7c7amn.jpg]

[Image: blah_02_by_cyprinusfox-d7c7aml.jpg]

[Image: travelbook_07_by_cyprinusfox-d7c7am8.jpg]

I don't even know when I did this or what I wanted to achieve with it

[Image: trashsamurai_by_cyprinusfox-d7c7ama.jpg]

[Image: weight_cd_by_cyprinusfox-d7c7am5.jpg]

The last one here is actually a finished watercolour work (just to show something finished for once XD ) I finished it to have a new print ready for the con... bigger version can be seen here at my dA.

/lame update end /)(\

Thank you so much again though for the replies. It's so motivating to read them <3

SKY IS THE LIMIT

DeviantartSketchbook

Messages In This Thread
RE: The journey is the reward! Sketchbook & Progess Log - by Cyprinus - 03-30-2014, 08:35 PM