Introducing /r/CommercialArt
Hey everyone,

I hope you won't mind me posting about this here, I figured this would the place to share this since people have to find out about this somehow.

I've created a new subreddit specialized in Commercial Art. You can find it here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/CommercialArt/

Right now I'm the only one posting since there's less than 20 subscribers but it gave me the chance to nudge it into the right direction with the posts I've already made.

The point of this subreddit is to gather good posts from art related sites like Muddy Colors, share new tutorial videos like FZD Cinema, any new Kickstarters, info about book releases and conventions, inspirational or time management articles, discussions and anything else worth sharing with other artists. The only thing that won't be allowed is art itself in order to prevent it from becoming another confusing art dump.

The other major "feature" is the wiki in which I've already gathered quite a bit of info, although there's still a lot of work to be done. Right now we have:
  • Books
  • Tutorials
  • Interviews
  • Podcasts
  • Brushes
  • References
  • Competitions
  • Conventions
  • Schools
  • Companies
  • Technical
  • Watch as you work

Anything of reasonable quality will be added here. Of course I can't do this by myself so if you know about anything worth sharing, send me a mod message. I still have to go through the resource section of this forum, so don't waste time messaging me about that but if you have anything new, go ahead.

Obviously there are a lot of places where you can already find most of this but having it as a wiki on Reddit is a great way to have some order in things so we won't have to look through a whole bunch of websites.

I hope it will eventually grow into something similar to /r/Games, which is a great place to find news and discussions about games.

That's it, I hope you will be interested in this.

Industry news, discussions and resources

Messages In This Thread
Introducing /r/CommercialArt - by Fable74 - 01-14-2014, 07:25 AM
RE: Introducing /r/CommercialArt - by Psychotime - 01-14-2014, 10:08 AM
RE: Introducing /r/CommercialArt - by Fable74 - 01-14-2014, 09:00 PM
RE: Introducing /r/CommercialArt - by Doolio - 01-14-2014, 10:55 PM
RE: Introducing /r/CommercialArt - by Psychotime - 01-15-2014, 01:09 AM
RE: Introducing /r/CommercialArt - by Fable74 - 01-15-2014, 02:16 AM
RE: Introducing /r/CommercialArt - by Doolio - 01-15-2014, 02:29 AM
RE: Introducing /r/CommercialArt - by Fable74 - 01-15-2014, 02:38 AM
RE: Introducing /r/CommercialArt - by Tyrus - 01-15-2014, 10:05 AM
RE: Introducing /r/CommercialArt - by Fable74 - 01-15-2014, 06:28 PM