noobler's corner
[Image: 140208_hi_orc.jpg]
Hi Insane, ecstatic
Im a 31 year old guy from Finland. I have wanted to make webcomics for like forever and maybe even do art for a living someday (dare i hope?).. But my biggest problem is that i have no discipline and i procrastinate way too much.

To change myself, i was about to start a sketchbook thread at the ComicDish forums. My thinking was that my top priority should be to make drawing daily a habit, instead of only drawing when i felt like it (and there have been months when i have not drawn anything!).. So if i manage to cultivate a habit of drawing daily, even if its just for 15 minutes, it would help a lot! I think its a lot like deciding to go for a walk. Its really hard for somebody who is a couch potato to decide to go for a 3 hour walk, but it takes far less willpower if you walk to the supermarket and as you are walking to there you decide to do a little detour, maybe walk 500 meters past the supermarket. And then gradually, you each time increase the amount you walk.. and before you know it, you'll be doing 3-5 hour walks regularly. Well, im still in the fat couch potato stage when it comes to doing art Blushing

Anyways, i happened to watch some drawing video on youtube and somebody recommended this forum in the comments. This place looks to be much more active than the ComicDish forums, so i thought to start my sketchbook thread here instead Tongue

Edit: $#17! Sorry! i meant to post this in the "Introduce Yourself" forum.. Blushing

hmm.. Well i was going to start a sketchbook thread anyway. here it goes:

some unfinished studies..

for the daily sketch challenge group at deviantart

need to do more landscape studies and speedpaintings..

and some random scribbles from my sketchbook Blushing

Messages In This Thread
noobler's corner - by mursu - 02-10-2014, 03:47 PM
RE: noobler's corner - by Adam Lina - 02-10-2014, 04:40 PM
RE: noobler's corner - by mursu - 02-11-2014, 08:59 AM
RE: noobler's corner - by Einver - 02-11-2014, 03:25 PM
RE: noobler's corner - by mursu - 02-12-2014, 10:25 AM
RE: noobler's corner - by smrr - 02-12-2014, 11:10 AM
RE: noobler's corner - by Kaffer - 02-12-2014, 10:04 PM
RE: noobler's corner - by mursu - 02-13-2014, 09:44 AM
RE: noobler's corner - by mursu - 02-14-2014, 01:48 PM