Help me become a Professional Artist
Hey Kurt, some nice studies, and nice structural pencil stuff. A good variety of subjects. There is no one way to study, so as long as you aren't just grinding any one thing purely for the sake of it with no joy, you're probably going to benefit from it. More still life and from life is good.

In terms of your schedule, everyone responds differently to these things. There is a thread here on CD about schedules, I think Sula posted it. You should hunt it down and read it to identify and get around some of the pitfalls of them.
If you are doing "portfolio" work, then maybe tailor some of the studies you are doing towards what you specifically need for these pieces. It is generally the process that you end up using as a professional, may as well start building that process in now.

My own personal recommendation is to make a physical prioritised list of what you are going to do the next day, each evening sometime before you sleep. This way in the morning you have slept on it and wake up focused, it is way more flexible than a weekly schedule and helps you when things come up in life that you can't predict. You can reevaluate and work on priorities, which can and should change if necessary. You also are not tied to this feeling of having to catch up when you miss a two hour block one day...that leads nowhere good. All you are doing is ticking things off a list.

Good luck!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help me become a Professional Artist - by Joe - 03-23-2015, 08:33 AM
RE: Help me become a Professional Artist - by Joe - 04-06-2015, 03:01 AM
RE: Help me become a Professional Artist - by Kir - 06-21-2015, 03:57 PM
RE: Help me become a Professional Artist - by Joe - 06-23-2015, 08:06 AM
RE: Help me become a Professional Artist - by Amit Dutta - 06-28-2015, 02:20 PM
RE: Help me become a Professional Artist - by Flo - 01-27-2016, 06:33 PM