The most abstract suicide note of all time.
Keep on working! Don't play Diablo too much, it's too easy to get stuck playing a game all night long. Personally I just setup a timer and allow myself a short period of playing dark souls 2 before going back to work. Kinda depends on how disciplined you want to be but getting used to deciding how long you spend on things will really help you later when you get client work and have deadlines to meet.

I think you should lighten the grey background. Looks like it's getting in the way when working in values. Also try to keep the values solid and "chunky". In a lot of your images you can se that it's painted in a low opacity and that always comes out really weird.

Do me a favour. Download Sergey Kolesov's (Peleng) brush set and do a 2 hour study using his square brush and a soft brush. Using that brush, you'll better be able to correctly show form and I think trying that out would be good for you to get a better grip on values and form.

Keep on pushing! Maybe some figure drawings next would be good to see.

Discord - JetJaguar#8954

Messages In This Thread
RE: The most abstract suicide note of all time. - by Tristan Berndt - 04-06-2014, 02:44 AM