Scanners
Photo 
Uh sure, okay.

I found some good canon scanners on newegg, that had exactly what I wanted but they were pretty pricey so I decided on looking around locally in my area since I didn't really want to delay progress while waiting on shipping. I figure once I scale up sometimes in another decade, I'll have a look at those.

I looked at BestBuy and Office Max stores. Bestbuy's options were actually much more limited in some ways. Last time I used a scanner was maybe 8-9 years ago, so coming from out the technological rock, a lot of them promote really thin mobile scanners and "ergonomic" designs which involves the process of feeding the paper through the machine. I had a nagging thought of pencil streaks and paper width not being accommodating enough, or a jam that eats it. Their flatbeds had the typical printer, copier, scanner, 3 in 1 combination. Considering I'm not going to be a powerhouse executive of a start up venture capital company, I decided to just keep it simple.

Office Max on the other hand surprisingly had an adequate flatbed scanner, the Epson Perfection V37. Not the world's most amazing scanner or anything but it'll do the job. It also got some good reviews online. What I liked about it that it's designed specifically to scan 3D objects, like books and sketchbooks, so the lid actually unfolds 180 degrees. I think that alone allows greater ease to scan without having to tear the pages out. I recently found out that it has a stitching software which makes scanning A3 easy supposedly, so I will have to test that sometimes. The 3 in 1 printer/scanner/copiers are bulky, heavy, and clumsy and don't have the 180 option, considering the copier is right on top of the scanner lid. I've tried 3in1 machines before and they weren't very nice to deal with, personally. So an actual, flatbed scanner for just the sole purpose of scanning...I got it on sale for just $100. I felt like it was a solid purchase and it's a good, humble start. Technology progressed these days where it's pretty cheap to get some quality on a budget so I'm pretty surprised at how easy of a choice it was to make, probably will have it for several years. Now I'll start a sketchbook sometimes soon with it :)

七転び八起き -"Fall seven times, stand up eight."
| My Personality | My dA (In progress) |

Messages In This Thread
Scanners - by Lastboy - 03-07-2014, 05:22 PM
RE: Scanners - by Amit Dutta - 03-07-2014, 06:21 PM
RE: Scanners - by Lastboy - 03-08-2014, 05:21 AM
RE: Scanners - by Amit Dutta - 03-08-2014, 06:16 AM
RE: Scanners - by Lastboy - 03-08-2014, 11:47 AM