Need some advice
So this has been in my mind recently and i cant stop thinking about it and its making me sorta depressed.

so the dilemma really is that im going back to uni this month, after stopping back in 2012 because of financial problems, i was supposed to go back to it in 2013 but decided not to because the regular semesters already started and i dont want to be an irregular student by barging in the middle of it.

i have huge concerns about going , firstly i dont really like the course that im taking anymore ,
secondly i just got back to drawing nowadays and would be aiming for drawing 10 hours at least in a day, and im afraid by going to uni would destroy my schedule and wouldnt have the time to draw and build up my skills.
third , i dont believe on higher education anymore , now that we have the internet and the sudden boom of online skill building sites such as udemy and skillshare, i dont think going to uni is practical. also taking subjects that has nothing to do with your major is always a waste of time , energy and money. and im highly concerned about that.

so heres where i need help , how can i convince my parents? i have been studying this concept art thing and the industry of visual arts illustration for quite some time now, and im pretty sure that i can really make it if i worked hard at it.
or maybe there are other artists that had the same problem as mine? can you share some of your thoughts? and after youve graduated did you ever used your skills to get a job thats related to it?
i was surfing around the net for uni interviews around my place and i was depressed at seeing people graduating and getting a job thats nothing to do with their major! i mean how? why? 4 years of hard work and you get a job that has nothing to do with it?
it frightens me oh so much.

so yeah i apologize for a very long post. but i hope for some honest answers. this is such an important decision after all in my life , and i want to make the necessary right choice as i am living in an average life and were not that actually safe financially.

thanks in advance
jeremy

Messages In This Thread
Need some advice - by KurtJeremy - 05-02-2014, 10:52 PM
RE: Need some advice - by Adam Lina - 05-03-2014, 12:29 AM
RE: Need some advice - by zooda - 05-03-2014, 12:35 AM
RE: Need some advice - by meat - 05-03-2014, 02:01 AM
RE: Need some advice - by Baoto - 05-04-2014, 10:47 PM