Game of thrones duel illustration
I think the foreshortening is wrong on the mountain- look at the size of the hilt guard and then look at where you are suggesting his hand is- it would be tiny in comparison. look at the head of the guy on our right (forgot his name) and then the hilt guard size, unless it is genuinely three times the size of his head, something is sized wrong there. even if he was reaching further towards us, his arm wouldnt be long enough, and it would mean he would be hitting the guy with the spear with his hand/forearm instead of the sword.

I dont think the mountains sword would be that close to use even if it was huge, and the sword/spear on our right is looking too flexible- more like a brush at the moment. suggesting movement with bending is a great idea, but if you dont follow it through with the second blade edge it looks like a broom. i'd tone down the bend and follow it through with both edges.

perspective on the pillars as well as the wall is off, as the wall seems to curve towards the mountain (i know hes big but debatable how large his gravitational field is!), and the plane of the pillars facing us seem to be at different angles, like one of the pillars is tilting towards us.

anyways all of that said, youve made a really dynamic composition here, and you have done a great job with rendering faces as well as hands (the most difficult part imo), so you've essentially beasted the hard parts, its just correcting a few proportion errors and perspective errors, which should take long at all. you can make this a great piece so I'll keep an eye on this :D

hope that helps :)

Train, gain, or stay the same.
Deviantart
Sketchberk

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game of thrones duel illustration - by Wardy - 06-02-2014, 05:44 PM
RE: Game of thrones duel illustration - by Wardy - 06-03-2014, 03:32 AM