Slink's Sketches [C&C Welcome]
# Bio, short into (Can be skipped #

Hello guys, i've been doing digital 'painting' on and off for about a year now. I can actually tell you the date I did one of my first proper attempts at digital speed painting it was 11-06-2013. During this last year I have had an on an off relationship with art, quitting when it gets hard and always eventually coming back to it. I figured recently as I keep wanting to come back to it it must be something that is important to me.

I've feel i've matured quite a bit in these last few months mentally and understand myself better and what it is that motivates me and why I react certain ways in certain situations. These revelations have been made clear to me through meditation, which I highly recommend! It really helps me understand why I think the way I do and what I need to change about my thinking if I want to achieve goals.

At the moment I am actively focused on improving myself, understanding fundamentals properly (not just skim-reading and half applying) and my most favourite part responding appropriately to critiques. I really like getting feedback as an extra set of eyes is more helpful than anything - most of the time I know my work doesn't look great, but can't explain why. This is where you guys come in - thanks for all comments in advance, feel free to PM me if you ever want to critique me in private.

# END OF BIO #

Here's a catch up of some of the things I've been doing in July:

[Image: ldCBClH.png]

[Image: y8I8RbS.png]

# 30 min study of glass. Not really long enough
[Image: KqusSzI.png]

# Drawing from imagination. I was quite proud of this one as my imagination is not very strong. 1 hour.
[Image: 0i8AcT5.png]

# Practicing my stroke confidence
[Image: pRrozuR.png]

[Image: iT2OssK.png]

# 60 second gesture
[Image: Owkm4mN.png]

# Heads from imagination, pre-study
[Image: nbuL3S4.png]

# View from my window. Study from life
[Image: 0xsEmG6.png]

# Someone on CA said I should carefully study heads and hands. Starting with heads, loomis obviously:

[Image: nAXe2Zm.png]

[Image: GVZzAgm.png]

[Image: sNbmkcq.png]

[Image: nJuLUBF.png]

[Image: s5NEZyQ.png]

[Image: OG3UYjk.png]

# Study of lotr still, didn't come out great. Need to spend more time on studies I think.

[Image: E9in2Vr.png]

# Some imaginary heads from just now as a warm up

[Image: iJ93HEJ.png]

More to follow.

Messages In This Thread
Slink's Sketches [C&C Welcome] - by slink - 06-27-2014, 03:46 AM
RE: Slink's Sketches [C&C Welcome] - by slink - 06-14-2015, 07:34 PM
RE: Slink's Sketches [C&C Welcome] - by slink - 06-16-2015, 08:33 AM
RE: Slink's Sketches [C&C Welcome] - by slink - 06-19-2015, 09:01 AM
RE: Slink's Sketches [C&C Welcome] - by slink - 06-22-2015, 07:54 AM
RE: Slink's Sketches [C&C Welcome] - by slink - 06-25-2015, 07:59 AM
RE: Slink's Sketches [C&C Welcome] - by slink - 06-29-2015, 08:54 AM