|| Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system
Hey, really great start to your sketchbook, I totally like what I see so far! The brushtrokes in your recent colour studies already look really great.

About the colour picking thing, I don't know if there's a wrong or right method, however I think it's better to actually try and "guess" the right colour or use knowledge from colour theory. I guess if you pick the colour and think about why it's this colour it's also good, most important is probably that you don't pick the colours mindlessly. What I do when doing colour studies: I paint and try to pick the colours only by eye, but sometimes, if I have the feeling that something is off, I try to figure out what is wrong by picking the colour from the original and comparing it to the colour in my study, like this I also mostly see common problems, like: usually tend to mess up value etc. for example. I never pick the colour from the original to apply it directly to my study though.

I personally think doing paintings from imagination is always a good idea, you could try and apply directly what you've learned in your most recent studies and it's always a good opportunity to check on what you've already learned and where you still need to work on. Also, it trains your imagination along the way.

Keep up the amazing work, I'm really curious to see more from you (:

SKY IS THE LIMIT

DeviantartSketchbook

Messages In This Thread
RE: || Cold Coffe || Getting serious with caffeine in my system - by Cyprinus - 07-26-2014, 10:09 PM