Multiple WD Passport simultaneously
Hello,

In any cases the drives come from the factory with the similar disk signature. This is normally a 32-bit random ID number that has been created when drive format. What I recommend is to plug in one My Passport, make sure there's no data on it, and then format your My Passport. That will give it a new disk signature and after that you shouldn't have any problem using both drives at once.
The other thing you can try is, when both drives are connected at the same time, to go to Disk Management and see if one of the disks appears as to be offline in there. What you need to do is a right click on the drive that is offline and make it to become online and both of them will be recognized at the same time. A way to access Disk Management is:
1. Click on the Start Menu
2. Right-click on Computer or My Computer
3. Click on Manage in the popup menu.
4. When the Computer Management console comes up, click on Disk Management near the bottom of the left column.
Different option you could use is by clicking on the Start menu, open ''RUN'' utility and type "diskmgmt.msc" and you'll be there.
More info you can find here: http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6571

Hope that I helped.

KY_WD

Messages In This Thread
Multiple WD Passport simultaneously - by meat - 08-19-2014, 08:13 AM
RE: Multiple WD Passport simultaneously - by KY_WD - 08-20-2014, 07:20 PM
RE: Multiple WD Passport simultaneously - by meat - 08-21-2014, 03:39 AM
RE: Multiple WD Passport simultaneously - by meat - 08-22-2014, 12:28 AM